Join us for the Music after Dark (MAD) concert February 13th, 7:00 at MBA. The concert, themed Around the World, features 7th and 8th grade soloists, as well as the Choruses and Bands. It is free to the public, and bound to be a fantastic night of music. Come, relax, and enjoy!
The Somers Music Department uncovered a mystery photo. If you have any information you would like to share about this picture - please email us a firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to: Madilyn Baer, Patrick Connors, Edwin Genece, Giovanna Gioscia, Kaitlyn Savage, and Sarah Uyar for their acceptance into the Eastern Regional High School Festival.
Congratulations to the following students on their performance in the NCCC Music Festival:
Emma Archambault, Ian Arnone, Jacob Avery, Madilyn Baer, Miranda Barresi, Samantha Barile, Tyler Case, Christian Chlebowski, Patrick Connors, Karan Desai, Emma Felix, Megan Gaskell, Edwin Genece, Giovanna Gioscia, Matthew Grandpré, Adam Hinds, Rose Karvandi, Jonathan Kelly, Dominic Manning, Sydney McIntyre, Kilee Nutbrown, Amari O’Connor, Stephen Piescik, Delani Raina, Victoria Reid, Kaitlyn Savage, Trever Stevens, Nancy Strever, Olivia Suter, Sarah Uyar, Tyler Watt, Khadija Williams, Katiya Zawrotny, Dominic Zuccalo, and Samantha Zukowski.
The Music Patrons would like to thank all those who contributed to the 2018/2019 membership campaign. Your generous donations over the last year have allowed the Music Patrons to support the Somers Music Programs Grades K-12 by:
- Providing five scholarships to graduating seniors of the class of 2018
- Providing new shirts and vests for the SHS chorus
- Replacing worn-out uniforms and shoes, and ordering new ones when additional sizes were required
- Sponsoring guest artists for 2018/19 to work with MBA and SHS band students
- Purchasing two mellophones for the SHS band
- Purchasing a sousaphone cover
- Purchasing microphone booms and weights for MBA and SHS
- Purchasing flags for the MBA color guard
- Purchasing sunglasses for the SHS marching band
- Purchasing a new cable to enhance audio in the SHS auditorium
- Providing an auditorium door curtain and a lighting control board cover
- Buying decorations for all SHS and MBA concerts
- Sponsoring eight students for the Eastern Regional Music Festival
We appreciate your support!
Music Patrons Meeting March 19, 7:00 MBA
All District Concert March 27, 7:00 SHS (limited ticket availability)
SES Spring Concert May 16, 7:00 SES (limited ticket availability)
Celebration of the Arts May 22, 5:30 SHS
Memorial Day Celebration May 25, 10:00 a.m. SHS
MBA Spring Concert May 30, 7:00
SHS and MBA Music Trips
Final payments are due Jan 29 (MBA).
For trip details check out the save the date links.
Click here for guidance on making your final payment.